Sunday 11 July 2010

New Collection on the Way

I really cannot believe that a month has passed without me writing something. Well It's been a busy month thats for sure. I've spent a lot of time in front of the torch and at the the silversmiths bench getting a new collection together.
For the next month the tuition has been restricted by me to mainly monday, Friday and Satruday, although I do have pre booked lessons midweek and complete weekends.
The regulars now amounting to 12 who come on a weekly basis are really making some nice pieces. Superb designs and phenominal standards of workmanship.

So whats the new collection about ~ well it's about a collaboration of silver and glass, emphasis to glass but without the years of silversmithing skills, lampwork and fused glass I'd be in no position to actually put this collection together. I'm pretty excited and i'm looking forward to tomorrow to get things moving.

I'm going to be posting up some pictures over the next few days to show how it's coming along with the final unveilling being made early September.

Bye for now

No comments:

Post a Comment